Thursday, March 09, 2017

Your Opinions Please! Both parents and Racers.


Good Evening All, this has been a very strange season for all involved in Gordon Skiers.

It's not only are the racers that get frustrated at the lack of snow training. The committee are also thinking on new ways to involve the members and keep training live (like trips to snow domes, etc.,) whilst the coaching team are constantly thinking of how we can keep the training relative and motivational.

We are fast approaching the AGM and will only have 2-3 committee meetings before our Annual Meeting. As such, I'd like to be able to present to the committee what is good and what is not so good about the Gordon's coaching.

Normally at the AGM I would present the next season's training plan and goals. I'd like to be able to respond to the request of members this year and include in the plan what members want.

As such, I would greatly appreciate if you could private message, or e-mail, me any comments you have on this, difficult, season's training and coaching. Don’t hold back on comments as my duties as Coaching Convenor include providing the best quality of training we possibly can. This is only possible if we are aware of what the members think.

If preferred, any comments can remain anonymous.

One more point I'd like to hear opinion on. It seems there is snow in resorts beyond the Lecht. Please let me know if you would be willing to travel to Cairngorm or Nevis for training, if it had conditions suitable to training.

Cairngorm is a 2 hour drive, whilst Nevis is another 60-80 minutes beyond that. I’d be really keen to hear your opinions.

Gary Whatford
gary.whatford@btinternet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment